MSI Video about Carbon fiber winding driveshafts – Space technology in driveshaft tubes
- Spools of carbon fiber filament to unwind on guides
- Line guides are pulley to stretch for alignment of fiber for resin
- Resin is applied to the proper thickness
- Filaments are transferred to the winding head
- Helical layering of the carbon fibers in the set pattern for the application
- Dual head flips to the correct speed and angle
- Carbon fibers get layered to the proper thickness and strength.
- Each mandrel takes hours for braided and then move to the curing ovens.